Sunday, July 5, 2015

Rise of Berk, again

 photo Screenshot_2015-07-05-11-44-42_zpsbs9lj1gx.png

I first downloaded the Rise of Berk app a little over two weeks ago. At that time, I made the mistake of not connecting the game on my phone with Facebook. I later realized that I could play the game on Facebook also, instead of just on my phone. This seemed appealing to me because I was beginning to worry about the battery life on my phone (it turns out that my battery was draining because due to my charger, and not the phone, battery, or game at all).

I soon realized that the game on Facebook was not the same as the one on my phone because I had not connected my phone app to Facebook. I figured that was okay; I could simply have two Berks. However, when I went back to play the app on my phone, I was met by Hiccup's "This is Berk," like what happens when the game starts over. Apparently, I had lost my week-and-a-half of hard, Viking labor. Oh well.

I decided to re-download the game yesterday, having no qualms about connecting to Facebook immediately so I could play on my browser if I so desired.

 photo Screenshot_2015-07-05-11-45-39_zpsjosnafoo.png
This is Berk.

I feel like I've already almost caught up to where I was the first time around. The main difference is I haven't yet got to where I can fight the raiders, which is okay because I don't really like that aspect of the game. I feel like it's supposed to be a little strategy-based, but I don't see much strategy, other than timing when to place the dragons (as well as where), and when to use catapults. Perhaps that is the strategy, and it will get more complicated as the game progresses. 

Here are the four dragons I have on Berk right now:
 photo Screenshot_2015-07-05-11-45-29_zpsfl2anrkr.png
Dragons: rawr.
The game essentially starts you off with the Monstrous Nightmare. I've added the Gronckle and the two Terrible Terrors. I have a couple others in the hangar, but I think these four are all I need for now to get the necessary fish and wood. I try not to keep more than one of the same kind of dragon (ignore the two Terrors). 

I'll keep you updated when I capture more dragons or reach any milestones. Right now Hiccup and Toothless are off on a 3 hour mission searching for... something. Hopefully something a little more important than 400 fish, which is what they brought last time they returned..

No comments:

Post a Comment