Thursday, July 2, 2015

NASCAR Fantasy Live: Sonoma

Another of my interests happens to be NASCAR. This year I've tried my best to keep up with NASCAR Fantasy Live, the sport's very own fantasy game. I think I've been doing quite well, at least, up until Sonoma.

My five picks for this race were A.J. Allmendinger, Martin Truex, Jr., Casey Mears, Michael McDowell, & Kyle Busch. Allmendinger won a road course last year & was on the pole for this race, while Kyle Busch showed speed in practice, as did Mears & McDowell, who tend to do pretty well on road courses. Truex has been on my roster for a while, & seemed to be doing well wherever he races. For my bonus points, I chose Allmendinger as the race winner, and Chevy. Of course, every single one of my drivers had trouble and finished outside of the Top-30, except for the race winner.

Go figure.

I ended up finishing 96th out of my league of 100 with -8.5 points. Yes, it would have been better had I decided that my fantasy posse of racers and I were not meant for road courses and played pool all day instead. These results dropped me down to 8th in league rankings (I believe I was in 3rd last week), and down to 9148th overall, where I think I was somewhere in the 3000-5500th range last week.

Better luck next week, because of course Daytona never holds any surprises at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment